Monday, April 2, 2012

Troubadour / Trobairitz Poetry

While choosing a poem from Trouadour I like the first poem J'aufre Rudel. This is a poem where I could find myself relating directly to the author. The words felt like something that I could speak at this moment. The struggle with love being away, either leaving love because of distance which is sounds like in this poem; or a long distance relationship like in my care. The main character speaks up how love he is craving is far away. This is the way I feel, after leaving home for college in September I also left my boyfriend. One quote really stuck in my mind, "the path is blocked to my desire". This meaning you know what your desire is and you know how it will make you feel once you've gotten it but you can see it , it is too far the distance in this quotation is the blocking that is denying you what you most desire.

In the second poem form Trobairitz a women is most clearly telling the story by talking and repeatedly referring to a boy throughout the boy. The way i interpreted this poem was the women is saying and encouraging other to live with an open heart. Love the ones you think you love and take it from there, stop over thinking and go with your heart. But this women's love does not turn out so great, she loves a man and the relationship does not go as planned. They are not perfect for each other, though she loves him a relationship with her open heart didn't make them love each other.

The difference between these stories and how you can tell if a boy or a girl is big is by what the main character is done. The first poem talk all about a boy and loving a girl thought the distance is what is keeping them apart and in the second poem the women author relates directly to loving a boy

No comments:

Post a Comment